Come and explore the back roads from Canterbury to Central Otago visiting historic sheep stations and meeting the gardeners. From Aoraki/Mt Cook we head down the Waitaki Valley to Danseys Pass following the old route taken by stockmen and miners over to the Maniototo and the goldfields.
Some farms we’re visiting have stayed in the same family with buildings and gardens dating back to the pioneers. At Erewhon Erin and Colin are passionate about horses and their magnificent Clydesdales plough the fields at the foot of the Southern Alps.
- All transport by comfortable, air conditioned coach (maximum of 18 travellers).
- Services of your knowledgeable MoaTours Kiwi guide.
- Quality accommodation chosen for a “sense of place".
- Return airfares ex Auckland. (please ask us about flights from other airports)
All Meals Are Included
- All breakfasts(B).
- All lunches (L) including special lunches at: Homebush Station with Louise Deans; Orari Estate Station with Rosie Morten; Station Peak Homestead with the Pavletich family, Hakataramea; Linlithgow Farm with Sarah Homer.
- All dinners (D) including: Stronechrubie, high country cuisine at Mt Somers.
All Activities & Entrance Fees Are Included
- Visit the Deans’ Homebush Station, Darfield, family history and farm buildings.
- Take a wagon ride pulled by Clydesdales with Erin Cassie at Erewhon Station.
- Visit the Peacock’s Orari Gorge Station, gardens and buildings.
- Visit Four Peaks Station and Sutherland's Hut.
- Stay in view rooms at The Hemitage, Aoraki/Mt Cook.
- At Station Peak Homestead hear the history and stories of the Pavletich family.
- Stop for refreshments at Danseys Pass Coach Inn.
- Lunch with Sarah at Linlithgow Farm.
Included Sightseeing & Exploring
- Drive the spectacular road to Erewhon Station.
- From Waitaki Valley drive over Danseys Pass.
- Get acquainted with the Art Deco buildings in Ranfury.
- Lunch at Stanley Pub and see Macraes Flat massive opencast mine.
- The golden tussocks of the Rock & Pillar range in Central Otago.
- Meet the locals in lovely Lawrence.
- Take a guided tour of Gabrel’s Gully and the Chinese settlement.