Travel up the Kaikoura Coast to lunch in a Marlborough vineyard and visit Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre. Celebrate Christmas on Endeavour Inlet at Furneaux Lodge, reached only by water from Picton. Check out the sights and stay a night in Nelson and a final night in Punakaiki on the edge of the Tasman Sea.
I love this itinerary’s variety of land and seascapes. From the Canterbury farmland giving way to the wild, raw Kaikoura coastline to the Punakaiki Rocks on the West Coast. We make the most of beautiful Queen Charlotte Sound with a private dinner cruise and then on Christmas Day cruising further down the Sound to lunch at Furneaux Lodge on Endeavour Inlet.
- All transport by comfortable, air conditioned coach (maximum of 18 travellers).
- Services of your knowledgeable MoaTours Kiwi guide.
- Quality accommodation chosen for a “sense of place".
- Return airfares ex Auckland. (please ask us about flights from other airports)
All Meals Are Included
- All breakfasts (B).
- All lunches (L) including special lunches at: Hurunui farmhouse; Wither Hills Estate vineyard; Christmas lunch at Furneaux Lodge.
- All dinners (D) including special dinner: Cruising the bays of Queen Charlotte Sound; Punakaiki Resort Hotel.
All Activities & Entrance Fees Are Included
- Wine taste at a Marlborough and Waipara vineyard.
- Visit historic Fyffe House, Kaikoura.
- Visit Kaikoura Museum to see “The New Normal, Kaikoura Earthquake Exhibition”.
- Visit Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre Exhibitions to see Knights of the Sky and Dangerous Skies exhibitions.
- Get an idea of life on board the “Edwin Fox” when we visit this restoration project on Picton’s waterfront.
- Cruise by launch through the Sound to Furneaux Lodge for Christmas lunch on Endeavour Inlet.
- Catch the rainforest train into the Nile River Canyon to the dramatic limestone rocks.
Included Sightseeing & Exploring
- Drive the Kaikoura Coast road.
- Visit the Kaikoura seal colony.
- Cruise the bays of Queen Charlotte Sound.
- See the sights of Nelson.
- Experience the powerful blow holes at the Punakaiki Pancake rocks in the Paparoa National Park.
- Drive the dramatic Otira Gorge highway to Arthur’s Pass and say hello to the Kea, New Zealand’s cheeky mountain parrot.