Tour Safety in 2021
Covid-19 Policy for Travellers
MoaTours first priority is to ensure all our travellers have a safe experience. We operate an independently audited safety plan and we’ve taken the best industry and government advice to create our Safe Tour Operating Protocols.
We support vaccination against Covid-19 as the best safeguard to ensure the health and safety of all New Zealanders.
In this respect we confirm all our MoaTours Kiwi Guides and office team are fully vaccinated.
For the peace of mind of our travellers, staff and everyone else we encounter on our tours we have updated our company policy:
- All travellers joining MoaTours must be fully vaccinated and have an official "My Vaccine Pass". This must be brought on tour as proof of Covid-19 vaccination (electronic or paper copies acceptable).
You will need to show this to:
- Your Kiwi Guide when joining your tour
- Air New Zealand staff when checking in for your flight (where applicable)
- You may be asked to present this by any of our suppliers at any time when on tour
If you have any queries please call our team on 0800 662 462.
Highest Professional Standards
MoaTours is safely and legally able to operate at red, orange and green settings of the Covid traffic light system. Our Kiwi Guides are trained in all procedures and we allocate extra duty time before each tour to ensure our comprehensive list of pre-tour checks and preparation is completed to the highest standard.
Our expert team of tourism professionals and guides follows the latest recommendations and standards of the New Zealand Ministries of Health & Transport and World Health Organisation. We have access to the best industry safety advice and practices for tour operators to ensure our operating standard matches the best practices for tour operators in New Zealand
As a member of these industry groups we are required to meet the independently audited operating and safety standards of:
- Qualmark Approved Tour Operator
- New Zealand Bus & Coach Association
- Tourism Industry Association of New Zealand
As a Qualmark endorsed tourism business, New Zealand tourism's official quality assurance system MoaTours follows the New Zealand government guidelines on safe tour operations during Covid-19 and is "Covid Clean Approved".
Visit the New Zealand Government Covid-19 website for the current alert level status and the most recent government travel and health advice.
Visit the Covid-19 information page on the New Zealand Government Ministry of Transport for the latest advice about road travel within New Zealand.
Keeping you safe on tour
MoaTours checks on tour include:
- Daily Coach sanitisation
- Guest and guide health
- On board hygiene: coach regularly cleaned during the day
- Contact tracing at all venues
- 24/7 emergency support from office team
- Contingency plans for any outcome
24/7 Backup and Support
Out on tour our Kiwi Guides are always in control but they’re not alone, the MoaTours office is staffed seven days a week, 24 hours a day and is available to support our guides and help our guests in any way needed.
Healthline is a government service provided free of charge for anyone with medical questions. The practical implication is 24/7 phone access to professional health advice, reassuring for us and our guests.
Everyone plays a part to ensure our tours are safe. We ask all our guests to ensure they are fit to travel, follow the most recent government travel advice and follow our guide’s requests and instructions at all times.
- Wash your hands
- Hand sanitizer is available for all guests
- Sneeze into your arm
- If you’re not feeling well, let your guide know immediately
- Our guides carry extra PPE equipment, including masks
- MoaTours has contingency plans for every foreseeable scenario
By taking part in our tours guests acknowledge that there is still some risk.
It is not required to physically distance or wear a mask on board our coach at any Covid-19 traffic light settings but you may choose to wear a mask if you wish. Mask use will be mandatory in the below settings so you will need to bring a mask with you on tour. Your Kiwi Guide has spare masks available on request.
- It is mandatory to wear a mask when travelling on domestic flights at all traffic light settings.
- At orange and red traffic light settings, masks are mandatory for flights, public transport, transfer services (taxis/shuttles), shops and public venues.
- At green traffic light settings, masks are mandatory only on flights.
NZ Covid Tracing App
As our guests are part of an organised tour, the guide checks the group into all tour locations visited. Guests are requested to use the App to check themselves into any locations visited in their free time when they are not with our guide.
It’s not necessary to use the NZ Covid Tracing App when boarding our coach as we have a full list of guests and contact details.
One of New Zealand’s most experienced tour operators
MoaTours has been running in New Zealand since 1971 and is established as the country’s leading Small Group Tour Operator. Our people, both on the road and behind the scenes, make up one of the most experienced tour operating teams in New Zealand. Through the decades we’ve operated tours in all kinds of conditions and circumstances and at times like this that experience helps.
Our Kiwi Guides
Tim, guiding since 1990
Nigel, guiding since 2010
Andre, guiding since 2006
Andrew, guiding since 1999
Richard, guiding since 2005
Our Office Team
Ena, designing and operating tours since 1971
Tanya, working in inbound tourism since 1986
Tracy, working in travel and tourism since 1984
Christine, working in travel and tourism since 1983
Susan, working in travel and tourism since 1985
Miles, operating MoaTours since 2008
Alisha, working in small group tours (at MoaTours) since 2010
Imke, working in inbound tourism since 2011
Lisa, working in travel and tourism since 2000